Monday, November 18, 2013

MCT's- Scrapping the Little Things

Light the Candles Scrap Page...

Welcome back for another episode of My Creative Time "Scrapping the Little Things". I get excited (Yayyy) when the Design Team has Mondays, where we get to create Pages around our life memories (pictures). Since, I chose to create with just layouts instead of Project Life or Smashbook, I usually make mine 8"x8" Layouts. My pages usually get hung on the walls instead of storing them in a book.
For this Layout, I decided to make it simple. Since, it was a male birthday layout, it was super hard not to use ribbons and lots of embellies (sniff,sniff). I found a polka dotted cardstock and knew right away that I wanted the page very colorful. Since, no ribbons or lots of embellies were not going to be used.
 
 The candles were cut freehand from scraps of solid cardstock. Then, I added some stickles to the lighted part and candle itself. They were adhered with foam squares for raised dimension.

 Love Love Love... these Stitched Fun Ticket Dies! They can be used with any type of sentiment and make the project look so fun. The dies were also cut from leftover scraps. the white ticket was stamped with sentiment and adhered with large foam dots for raised dimension. Most of my layers on this page were inked or distressed on the edges.
 
My Creative Time Supplies:
 
 
 
 
Well, guess that is all for this episode of "Scrapping the Little Things". Be sure to stop by My Creative Time for more Design Team Member Inspiration. Also, stay tuned for our next Sneak Peek Release coming this week!
 



6 comments:

  1. What a great birthday LO. I think it turned out great and that you sure came up with so many awesome ideas I love the way you used Miss Emma's goodies and your candles turned out awesome. Great pic too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout, Rosy! I love the bright, cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your guy layout...the candles, tickets and tag are wonderful embellishments for your page. Super job on the candles...just enough bling for a guy.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rosy ~ your LO turned out AWESOME! Happy birthday to your son too ~ maybe a tad late but I am sure he had a wonderful day! Okay those candles ~ I LOVE them! I am so going to borrow this idea! I like the idea of hanging the LO ~ I usually hang mine for a bit but then throw them in a box for the hope I actually put them in the book one day! LOL! What a handsome young man you have there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your Sweet Comment. Stop by Anytime...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comment Counter

>See More